Sunday, June 06, 2010

Aww.... I didn't mean it lover.

Hello world!!

I woke up to the sound of rain falling down my window and it just put me in such an excellent mood, I feel like a kid again; I feel like jumping in puddles without any rain boots {AFRICAN STYLE}

or doing some made-up rain dance



But knowing myself, I'll just end curling up with another book, watching the rain fall endlessly, hoping it will rain all day. I don't know why I love rain so much; it's gray, murky, dark but I find it conforting; it feels like my haven.


In other news, who's excited about The World Cup? I don't know if there is any soccer or football fans out there; granted I wasn't a huge fan before but ever since I met ID, football has been a huge part of our lives. I am still getting the hang of the never-ending terminology but I am quite into it, more so than ID sometimes. He sometimes stares at me, with an incredulous look on his face, when I get riled up about a missed shot or a foul. He just huffs "I'm dating such a DUDE!" when I get all into it. Hey, it's not my fault; he's the one who created such a "monster."

I feel like I will never understand men; I need a dictionnary or a step-by-step guide on how to figure them out. First, he got pissed at me because I wasn't willing to share his passion; now that I share it, he's upset. I just figured: IF YOU CAN'T BEAT 'EM, JOIN 'EM!






Although, I have been rooting for France to get ahead really far, I just have a feeling they will lose at the first round; they don't seem at all, I MEAN AT ALL, into winning this World Cup. They seem so out of it all and they all play individually, each trying to shine in their own way. They are not cohesive and I truly believe that will take away their strong power as a TEAM; remember folks! There ain't no I in TEAM!

{ Sorry for the football/soccer talk, I warned you guys that I was really into it}

I think it's time for Round 2 for 5000 Questions! If you didn't know about 5000 Questions, let me tell you about it. Each week I will answer about 20 questions about myself until we reach 5000 Questions. If you feel like tagging along, you can get your questions over at
Amanda's blog. Come on now! Get excited y'all ( or at least pretend....:)!!!

21. Are you more of a "giver" or a "taker"?
I consider myself more of a "giver"; I find myself having a lot of pride in "taking" something from someone. Unless it's Kay, one of my best friends. She's just like family to me so I don't feel awkward asking her for something.

22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind ?
I tend to follow my heart; it's inevitable. It's always heart over mind, 99,9% of the time. I am not close-minded at all. I'm very open-minded; a little too much for certain people but I feel like only when you have an open mind, that you're able to grasp the bigger picture in all kind of situations.

23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Omg, this might be a little gore but I bumped my big toe when I was about 11 and my whole toenail LITERALLY came off; I had to clean the wound out every night with hot water and epsom salts and ALCOHOL! I still feel shudders every time I think about it.

24. What is the most emotionnally painful thing that has ever happened to you?

Umm............Seriously as open as I am on this blog, that is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too personal and I wouldn't want to bring that up, at least not YET.

25. Who have you hugged today?

No one YET!

26. Who has done something today to show you they care about you?
One of my sisters for life {Whom I will talk about in the next few paragraphs} sent me a text early this morning.

27. Do you have to learn?
I must admit, I feel like I'm such a know-it-all and it's not like I'm being stuck-up about it; it's just I read on various subjects, I watch a lot of documentaries and I love fun facts; but turns out I have SOOOOOOOOOOO much to learn. Actually ID always says: "You are such a bragger; you always have the answer to anything and everything." * BABE? IT'S CALLED COMMON KNOWLEDGE LOL*

28.
If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
- Ride a bike.( GOD, is my life pathetic? I do not know how to ride a bike. Please don't answer.)
- Speak fluently Koran.
- Learn how to drive. ( Ok, it's official; my life IS pathetic. The only means of transport I have left is my feet and the buses.)


29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
I'm most affected by how people make me feel with their words/actions, so I'd have to say all 3. I am so sensible and emotionnal; seriously I cry for the smallest reasons EVER.


30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
Everybody's definition of a GOOD relationship is different but for me, it really comes down to 6 things:


* LOVE- What's the point of being in a relationship if it's not a loving one?
* Trust- If you don't have trust, you have ABSOLUTELY nothing.
* Communication- Communication is key; if you don't communicate properly, expect lots and lots of disagreements.
* Respect- Respect one another.
* Fidelity- A relationship cannot blossom if one of the two is thinking about dating other people; set your expectations from the get-go. You'll save a lot of time and ENERGY if you figure out what kind of relationship you both really want.
* FUN- You need to incorporate fun and laughter and silliness in the couple. Yeah, sometimes it's fun to act like lovey-dovey tweens.


31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
* BE HAPPY
* HAVE MY LITTLE FAMILY
* TRAVEL THE WORLD
*P.S: I ALSO HAVE A BUCKET LIST. CHECK IT OUT ABOVE*


32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
* Suicide- God gave you a gift, the gift to live. Why wouldn't I want to take it?
* Killing someone- I would feel like I wouldn't be ME if I harmed someone, anybody. I would rather die than to live the rest of my life as a shadow of myself.
* That's all I could think of.


33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
I don't believe in one cause more than another; I'm a pretty sensible person so I know that every battle is hard and every battle is going to have its hardships but I feel like we need to fight just as hard for breast cancer if we're fighting hard for equality for all.

34. What does each decade make you think of:

*1920’s: The Great Gatsby
*1930’s: Hitler
*1940’s: Holocaust
*1950’s: Housewives
*1960’s: Babyboomers
*1970’s: Hippies
*1980’s: N.W.A
*1990’s: Wonderbra
*2000's: Finding myself
*2010’s (so far): Not bad!

35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
Obviously the 2000's; I've lived out the best years of my life; met the people who surround me and shower me with their love and affection. What more could a girl want?

36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield

37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country?
France, and Nicolas Sarkozy.

If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
Get it together!

38. What’s your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
Seriously, inside my head. I often daydream a lot before falling asleep; I make up all these fantasies at night {I rarely remember my actual dreams.} only to find them crushed in the morning.

39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
Umm I saw myself more as a princess. I'm quite stumped actually. What kind of villain AM I? You give me one; but choose a nice one please. The least villain-esque of all villains.

40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
No I have not. I wish I would have though.

All right, well that's done. Wow these questions took me over an hour. Getting back to question number 26, my sister for life, Habone, texted me early this morning (for me) since it was probably still nighttime for her. She said that "whilst reading my BEAUTIFUL BLOG ( her words, not mine) and she saw the pictures and she found out, she wasn't part of the pictures, she was MAD then felt neglected." So here's a very special shout out to her.

"Lover,( it's our nickname) most of the pictures I have of you and I is when we were kids and do you remember when you showed up to my 10th birthday party in a wedding dress? Up to this day, I STILL cannot figure out for the life of me, why you had to wear a wedding dress and who was the groom but I still have laughing fits when I think about that. If you want, I will GLADLY do a post on all those wonderful memories and bust the old memorobilia.

I met you when we were little nuggets; our dads were friends. I guess I met you when we were 3 or 4 ; correct me if I'm wrong. I have known you for 19 years or is it 20 now? I don't know, it has been way too long. OMG! Do you remember when we were sitting next to each other in all of our classes ever since kindergarden? Do you remember our little crew of girls trying to rule the schoolyard, OUR WAY? Hell's yeah, we were the ORIGINAL Gossip Girls. When I had to leave Djibouti, I would have never guessed in a MILLION years, that we'd see each other in citizenship class in 10th grade in one of the most GHETTO high school in Ottawa, Ontario.

That day is like engraved in my head and my heart. FOREVER. I so cherish the fact that we've always kept so close even though we live near opposite coasts, and when I went back to Djibouti for a whole year, you followed suit for the summer. I've spent the most amazing summer of my life that summer. You're more than a friend to me; you're my sister of kin; you're my sister of heart. I wish I would have lots more pictures of you and I because you and I are the only ones together that I do not have a recent picture of. That's why I decided to steal ( YES STEAL!) your FB profile picture and paste my face on this girl's body; please apologize to your friend, on my behalf. So you are not forgotten Lover; not by a long shot. You have a special place of your own Lover!"

Hope you enjoyed your little shoutout Lover and as promised, here's the updated version of us. One day, VERY SOON, you will all see what I am talking about when it comes to this infamous wedding dress.

{ As you can tell, I am not computer savvy}

Have a chillax Sunday everyone; Live life, stay healthy and God bless!!

1 comment:

  1. hey hun,

    I gave you an award, so be sure to check out my page and I also sent out a shout out on my twitter as well. I'm following you on there too and have included you within that twitter post!

    I hope you're having a great day =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog; it is well appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails