Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Did you know?

Hello friends!

I hope y'all had a good weekend and a good start to the week.

For my part, Aunt Flow came to town; now I know that may be TMI but hey whatever, it's my blog I can write whatever I want :). So I have been trying to go running but I feel so weak and with my cramps, I didn't feel like exercising too much.

In order to compensate, I did loads of crunches and pushups; GIRLY PUSHUPS because I cannot do the regular one.


Except that I really don't look like that when I do my pushups.


And I have been walking ALOT! Like at least 3 hours a day. It should compensate right? RIGHT?

Ok, let's just pretend it does. I went to the farmer's market on Monday and I picked up some magazines for 50 cents; I'm a magazine junkie and for 50 cents rather than 4 euros for the same amount of magazines, I say Farmer's Market all the way. I also picked up a loose powder and some jewelry because I tend to shine ALOT during the summer. I will post about that soon.

My skin is weird; during the winter, it gets so dry and the summer, it gets so oily. I have been having a lot of breakouts lately and I feel like I shouldn't even be stepping outside. I have a few 4 MAYJAH breakouts on both sides of my cheeks and a little tree tea oil and Menthol Colgate goes a long way. After just one night of application, it reduced by half my breakouts.

I have been doing good on at least, one of my New Year's resolution; I had to stop chewing my nails. And I have been doing so bad earlier in the year but for the past month or so, I have been letting them grow and I feel like a proud mama!

Today, I went for a stroll and I found this little park near the train station. I sat in the grass and read a few chapters of The other Boleyn Girl. I have seen the movie but reading the book is so much better. It felt good to just be outside but then my eyes started getting red because I'm allergic to pollen. YUCK!




I'm not trying to be all gangsta- My red eyes are so bad, it looks like I'm high.
I look so TAN!

In other news, I have this weird obsession. I have a thing for funny laws. I can spend hours and hours reading some crazy ones and I thought I could share a few of them with you guys.


* Until 2002, Brazilian men were allowed to "return" their brides if they were not virgins.

* In Pittsburgh, Pensylvannia, it is a CRIME to sweep dirt under your rug.

* In Thailand, you must pay a fine of $600 in Thailand if you’re caught throwing away chewed bubble gum on the sidewalk.

* In Canada, when raining, a person may not water his/her lawn.

* It is illegal to kiss on railways in France.

* In South Africa, a license is required to purchase a television set.

* In Tibet, monks need the government's permission to reincarnate.

* In New York, citizens may not greet each other by "putting one's thumb to the nose and wiggling their fingers."

* In Chico, California, bowling is illegal on the sidewalk.

* In Florida, it is illegal to sell your children.

* In L.A, you can't wash two babies at once.


Those are some of my favorites! Do you have any crazy laws near where you live?

2 comments:

  1. You should def. look up crazy laws in South Carolina in the US. They're pretty ridiculous!

    But I look forward to following you blog -i visited Paris in the spring and fell in love! By the way, Mansfield Park is a wonderful book if you haven't finished it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In some counties in Ohio and Indiana, it is illegal for more than 7 women live in one house as that would be considered a brothel. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog; it is well appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails