Friday, July 30, 2010

Get ready....this might just be a jam packed post.

Oh My God! It has been a week since I haven't blogged! Did you guys miss me? :) I cannot wait to start reading all of your blogs again and commenting; it feels like I haven't blogged for months. Seriously this is getting HIGHLY addictive!

First things first, if you have been reading my blog for a while now, you know how much I was trying to find a really great design that I love for my blog layout for a while now; something that is aesthetically pleasing but that can also just inspire me as soon as I open it. I have struggled for the past 24 hours trying to perfect it and I don't wanna cry "VICTORY" just YET but I think this might be IT. I feel definitely inspired when I log so I think "Mission Accomplished." What do you guys think? Do you like it? Any suggestions will be definitely welcome.

Second, I had a tiny little move. Tiny, tiny, tiny like "changing floors"- tiny and it's definitely weird getting used to new surroundings but I have a little more space now so it's okay. Also, did you know that I was gangster? Do you know why? Because I'm doing Leigh's "Wee Bit of Me Wednesdays" on a Thursday. Say what????? Well, I had so moving stuff to do yesterday and since I didn't sleep for nearly 30 hours, I just plomped down last night and I really didn't want to miss this week's questions since I missed last week's. Get it ?




{one} if you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be?
Racism. A person is never defined by the color of his/her skin.

{two} if you could go on vacation for the next month with an unlimited budget, where would you go?
Thailand; did I ever mention how obssessed I am with Thailand? I saw a documentary on it about 3 months ago and I just fell in lurrrvvvv.

{three} cats or dogs?
I'm kinda afraid of dogs {Don't laugh please.....}; the only dog I could ever handle being near is my friend Marissa's dog Princess. And I'm kinda allergic to cats; I get red-eyed and my skin start to itch.

{four} would you rather date a lot of people or be in a committed relationship?
I think I have never dated around. I have always been either single or in a serious relationship; I don't know if this qualifies as weird but all of my relationships have turned into a long-distance relationships because my butt just can't sit still. Except my current relationship with Mr. Shy.

{five} would you rather own a luxury yacht or a private jet?
I have never been on a boat, not even a canoe so I don't know if I'd ever get sea-sick so by elimination process, I'd say private jet.

{six} what was the last book you read?
i am STILL reading "The Other Boleyn Girl". As much as I try to finish this book, my mind just can't get it; it's been 3 weeks.

{seven} would you rather be really hot or really cold?
I would rather be cold than hot; as I've previously mentionned I hate the sun, its rays and its warmth hotness. I can deal with low 20°C/80°F but as soon as it starts rising above that, I get cranky, I lose my patience and it ain't pretty.

{eight} if you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Regina Philangie {Friends reference}. Since the host of this quiz stole already gave my preferred answer which was Princess Consuela BananaHammock and I don't want her to ban me from ever playing her game again not like me, so I chose another one. On the real side, I have always loved the name Abyan which is basically my name "Ayan" with a B in it. I fell in love with that name as soon as I heard that my mother had intentionnally meant to name me like that but since my grandma was adamant on naming me Ayan, my mother obliged. Abyan means complete in Arabic and Ayan means fortunate in Somalian and God's Gift in Arabic. I don't think I have gotten the short end of the stick, now have I? Sorry for the ramble.

{nine} what did you dream about last night?
I, sometimes, have what some people might call "action movie dreams"; I dreamt that I was a secret canadian agent being chased by a hord of chinese secret agents because I had the key to the code that would lead China to take over Tibet and I wanted them to be free or something along those lines.

{ten} if you had to throw away either your tv or your computer, which would you throw away?
Well, I had that dilemma happen to me last night since my TV decided not to work except for TWO channels. So me and the TV are on outs as of last night so maybe I'd throw it away in a moment of anger.

I'll post more later on. Time to go eat now!

9 comments:

  1. Sooooooo HAPPY you're back! Your posts have been missed :). I like all of the recent changes you've done! It looks great....but so did the last one so maybe I'm not the best person to answer your question haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Baaaack!!! Sheesh, don't do that ever again.

    I like the new blog look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! A few points:

    1. Love the new layout
    2. The Other Boleyn Girl is one of my favorite books :P
    3. I also prefer cold to hot (I live in Louisiana, so we rarely see cold).
    4. LOVED the Friends reference. My alltime fave show!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new layout! Looks great! BTW, I'm kind of scared of dogs too! I loooove kitties!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back.
    I noticed first thing that your layout was different.
    However, I can't remember what your old looked like.
    I know, I'm a new reader. But, I think this one looks great.
    Glad your back!

    xox
    T

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gawd I LOVED the other boleyn girl! I finished it in two days! ahhH!

    ps LOVE YOUR blog background! Its awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome back!

    I'm liking the new layout but if you want to checkout some more really neat layouts, checkout this site: http://www.blogbulk.com/ that's where I found my current layout.

    also, I mentioned you in a blog entry, you can check it out here: http://tinyurl.com/28yw3bp

    have a great Friday and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks you guys! It's heartwarming to know that I have been missed :) and thank you so much for all your comments on my new layout! I'm glad you guys like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new layout!!!! Missed your blogs also!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog; it is well appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails