Thursday, September 09, 2010

I have a confession to make

Are you ready for it ?

*I love to watch makeup tutorials.*

There, I said it! Phew! It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest! Yes, I completely, simply, and utterly can spend HOURS, not minutes, HOURS watching makeup tutorials on YouTube. I don't know how I first got started with it but now it has become, by far, my most favorite thing to do when I'm on YouTube. I don't know if it's the color combinations, the techniques or the beauty gurus's knowledge but I cannot get enough of it.

I realised something not too long ago; by watching these videos, I slowly started to pick up their tricks to a flawless face. Growing up, I'd buy makeup but I never knew how to apply it correctly. I'd choose the wrong color for my foundation; I've never heard of the word "concealer" and I thought that an eyelash curler was a torture device. It would even be a miracle if my eyebrows were defined. I'd let them be wild and close to being a unibrow. NO LIE!

Exhibit A: Please excuse my best friend K's face in the background. Granted, you can only see half of my face but: wild bushy eyebrows? Check! Bags the size of a bucket of KFC? Check! At least I'm keeping my teeth blingin'. Thank you Crest Whites!


Exhibit B: Please excuse the drunk eyes! I swear I wasn't drunk; I was high..............HIGH ON LIFE THAT IS! I attempted to add a bright lip to my look but as you can tell, too much colour can make you look like Bozo the clown. Whiter face? Check! Red lips? Check! All I'm missing is the red nose and I'm set!


Thanks to the few ladies I will soon present to you, I went from "Drab to Fab"! Well not really, but my makeup application is definitely better and I get to experiment with looks that I've never tried before. These might just be my favorites.


This photo has been definitely put in B&W but I learned that for an old school Hollywood Glamour look, a winged liner is the way to go à la Sophia Loren.


For a nice bright pop of colour, please keep the rest of your face neutral.



And last but not least, define those eyebrows girl! They say "eyes are the windows to the soul" and your eyebrows are your window frames; well I just made that last one up but hey it works in this case, doesn't it? I must say so myself, my frames are working it!



What a difference right? Now, I wish I could say that this magic was all self-taught but it's not. I've learned from the top beauty gurus on YouTube and I'll give you guys my top 4 favorite beauty gurus so you can check them out too!

#4. Dulce Candy


This girl is amazing; she lives in LA. Her makeup collection is BANANAS and her closet too! I've spent hours just watching her tutorials.


# 3. Tanya Burr


Tanya hails from Norwich, London and is a pretty brand-new guru. She is the sister-in-law of my #1. She is amazing and her work is always flawless.


# 2. Kandee Johnson


Seriously, if you've never seen Kandee, do yourself a favor and click on the link right now! You will not be disappointed as this woman is a living, breathing, walking ,talking ray of sunshine. Not only will you learn something, but you will be smiling at the end of every video. That's how much her smile is that infectious.


# 1. Samantha and Nicola Chapman


I don't know what else to say but these ladies are simply fabulous! They are the most professional, knowledgeable makeup artists I have ever seen! Their work are so fabulous and simply, they're the best.

Those are my favorite beauty gurus on YouTube. Do you guys have any favorites or are makeup tutorials not your cup of tea?

7 comments:

  1. You look just amazing in that last picture! I enjoy watching those videos as well even though I'm useless when it comes to putting make-up on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your make up trials...especially that last one!!! I have never watched the tutorials on youtube but I am going to do it when I get home!!! I usually go to the makeup counter and pay close attention...I practice on my mom and sister any chance I get! I love playing in makeup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do this too! Thanks for the heads up on some new girls to watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. I love makeup tutorials!! Love all those girls! Have you ever been to makeupalley.com? I have spent HOURS on that looking at reviews and tips for products. It's so addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I never watched them... Maybe I should give them a try!! :) I haven't really watched any.. ever..I'm not THAT into make-up. Posts like this scare me because I feel pretty good about what I do, but I'm probably doing it all wrong. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, thanks for the new make-up tutorial gurus... i never look for the make-up gals, but i do spend hours watching how-to with hair style how-tos, curling techniques, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment and WOW! Your make-up application has turned pro! I'm off to check them out now. I've seen a couple before on make-up and hair tutorials - these should be fun!

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog; it is well appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails