Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Forgiveness.


"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong"
Mahatma Ghandi


They say "forgive and you'll be forgiven" but it when you've been hurt, disliked, scorned and all that jazz, how easy is it really to forgive?

Many people view forgiving as the result of anger; a gift you can give freely to the people who've hurt you; ironically it's those same people who think that forgiving is a great idea and say
"Come on, it's easy." Obviously those people have never been hurt. Forgiving is probabbly the hardest thing anyone has to do. And jut like love, you cannot will forgiveness. It's fairly impossible to will forgiveness. Forgiving is to look back graciously on those hard moments without feeling all the negative feelings when such moments come back to mind. Studies have shown that nurturing feelings of "unforgiveness" is way easier to keep up than to actually try and forgive.

Did you know that forgiving has its upsides on our health? Forgiving can lower blood pressure, build up a stronger immune system and a drop of the stress hormones in your blood. It's been also said that back pain, stomach problems and/or headaches may disappear and that's just the physical effects. Feelings of anger, resentment and depression can go away when you forgive.

When put like that, I'd rather forgive than to beat myself up for somebody else's mistakes. Call me 
naive but I believe in the goodness in all even when they're wrong. So when I'm wronged, I leave it to KARMA; what goes around comes back around so whoever hurt me will,eventually, get theirs. Why do I have to put myself through hell when the universe can take care of it for me ? So I say, forgive yes but do not forget. Forget not for you'll get screwed over again. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog; it is well appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails