Wednesday, May 12, 2010

If that isn't love then what is?

I had original plans to busy myself with a book and after much reflection, my choice was set on New Moon; sue me, okay? I do love me some Twilight. But that was obviously the wrong choice as I went along the chapters. It made me question my whole entire relationship; DAMN YOU EDWARD CULLEN!

*Sorry, I didn't mean it Edward; I'm sure I'll swoon over you again in a couple of days when all of this madness is over!*

So I thought about writing an email to my bestie, since she is one of the few people who can cheer me up but she had already sent me an email; I told you we shared the brain. A friend of mine also sent me this list of what kids really thought about love and everything else and I must admit it TOTALLY cheered me up. Here's a few of my favorite quotes. I hope they bring a smile on your face.


On Love and Marriage:

"I think you're supposed to get shot with an arrow or something, but the rest of it isn't supposed to be so painful." -- Manuel, age 8

"Once I'm done with kindergarten, I'm going to find me a wife." -- Tom, age 5

"On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date." -- Mike, 10

"When somebody's been dating for a while, the boy might propose to the girl. He says to her, 'I'll take you for a whole life, or at least until we have kids and get divorced.'" -- Anita, 9

"A man and a woman promise to go through sickness and illness and diseases together." -- Marlon, age 10

"Love will find you, even if you are trying to hide from it. I been trying to hide from it since I was five, but the girls keep finding me." -- Dave, age 8


On kissing:

"You should never kiss a girl unless you have enough bucks to buy her a big ring and her own VCR, 'cause she'll want to have videos of the wedding." -- Jim, age 10

"I know one reason kissing was created. It makes you feel warm all over, and they didn't always have electric heat or fireplaces or even stoves in their houses." -- Gina, age 8

"The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn't want to mess with that." -- Curt, age 7


On how people in love act:

"They act mooshy. Like puppy dogs, except puppy dogs don't wag their tails nearly as much." -- Arnold, age 10

"It's love if they order one of those desserts that are on fire. They like to order those because it's just like how their hearts are -- on fire." -- Christine, age 9

"Lovers will just be staring at each other and their food will get cold. Other people care more about the food." -- Brad, age 8


Strategies on making people fall in love with you:

"Yell out that you love them at the top of your lungs...and don't worry if their parents are right there." -- Manuel, age 8

"Tell them that you own a whole bunch of candy stores." -- Del, age 6

"Shake your hips and hope for the best." -- Camille, age 9


Good advice about love:

"Sensitivity don't hurt." -- Robbie, age 8

"Be a good kisser. It might make your wife forget that you never take out the trash." -- Erin, age 8

"Don't say you love somebody and then change your mind. Love isn't like picking what movie you want to watch." -- Natalie, age 9


Titles of love ballads you can sing to your loved one:

"'I Am In Love With You Most of the Time, But Don't Bother Me When I'm With My Friends.'" -- Bob, age 9

"'Honey, I Got Your Curly Hair and Your Nintendo On My Mind.'" -- Sharon, age 9

"'How Do I Love Thee When You're Always Picking Your Nose?'" -- Arnold, age 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog; it is well appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails