Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Respect.


"If we all lose love and self-respect for each other, that is
how we finally die." - Maya Angelou

Girls, isn’t it flattering when a certain gentleman approaches you and tastefully compliments you on your charm and beauty? Notice that I’ve used the word “gentleman”; cause I’m not about to go on a rant about how such men do not exist(for more info go back to: women are complex!) but there are too many guys nowadays that think that they have “game”. What I mean by “game” is that they somehow think that they can come up to a lady and whisper sweet nothings into her ear and they will sweep her from her feet and onto her back; notice also the use of the word“lady”.

Maybe these players are under the assumption that they do in fact have 
“game”(love this word) because the ladies they approach aren’t truly ladies. Maybe those girls are just as sad and desperate as these players; it seems like the game of courting when men used to adulate their heart’s desire and women were playing coy to be able to land that perfect suitor turned into this predator game where men and women alike are hunters and preys. Now I’m not saying that I’m prim and proper but I do know a little thing about respect; not only self-respect but respect for others.

If I’m walking by somewhere and this guy comes up to me, eyeing me like a piece of meat, that is not cute nor flattering; I’d feel like I belong in the frozen aisle in my supermarket. Oh and what about the 
“whistlers”? Those douchebags who stand usually in a corner and whistle at you; first of all I’m not a DOG; I don’t answer to whistles. Or those creepy older men who are clearly old enough to be your grandfather that randomly yell out “Hey baby!”; that only tells me that more generations of assholes are being reproduced. And the worst part is that these guys actually think that by being disrespectful, they’ll land a girl.

So what I really hope for people to understand is guys, if you think your game has helped you get a lot of girls, think back on how many of your conquests were actually respectable girls; and remember, respectable girls can’t be just 
“picked up” and ladies:“Be ladies!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog; it is well appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails