Monday, May 17, 2010

Psyched!

Say what?

Did I just get my very first Blog Award?

Ummm Ya I did! Although I have not been blogging for long, it's pretty awesome to get one. Miss Olivia from Australia {Hey, it even rhymes} gave me my very first Blog Award. You can check her out at www.champagneandcologne.blogspot.com - She has such a cute blog; her way of writing is so effortless and I often find myself agreeing to most of the things she talks about.

Thanks MissLiv!




Now in order to fully receive my Award, I have to give 5 random facts about myself and "hand" the award to 5 other blogs that I fancy and think that are "stylish".

5 random facts about myself:

- I am an only child; now you might think it's not all that random or exciting but when you come from a family like mine, it's quite rare. I have almost 50 first cousins on my dad's side and 26 first cousins on my mom's side, from which I am the second oldest of the whole bunch.

- I crack my knuckles, not one by one because I am afraid it will hurt but all at once. I don't do it otherwise.

- I like to eat french fries with, get this, vanilla ice cream. No, I was never pregnant {if you're wondering} so it's not my hormones that made me discover this delightful mix. It may sound really gross but it is yummy; try it, I swear. Preferably both from McDonalds.

- I always read before I go to bed; I have to read at least 5 chapters in order to fall asleep.

- I have never seen an Lost episode from start to finish; I just don't get the appeal of it all. Lost fans, please don't hate me.

- I've known one of my best friends since we were 3. Our fathers were friends and we used to be together all the damn time when we were youngens. We used to be in the same class from kindergarden to the 5th grade. We were really sad to be separated when I had to move to Canada but that wasn't the last time I would see her. I was in the 10th grade; it was the beginning of the school year and it was in citizenship class. {At my high school, Citizenship Class was mandatory}. So I see this new girl sitting by herself and I find her so familiar. I went up to her just to introduce myself and be friendly when she suddenly looked up at me with that weird "I-think-I-know-you-but-I'm-really-not-sure" kinda look of her face. I asked for her name and she replied by asking me for mine. It turns out it was really her; we yelled at the top of our lungs and fell into each other's arms. That day was awesome.


So now the 5 blogs I chose, whether it's blogspot or a regular domain:

My buddy Barryck @ barryck.tanmanssi.com
He is a great writer and one of the few people who encouraged me to start my own blog. Thanks buddy!

I fell on her blog randomly and I'm super glad I did; One, she's a fellow canadian {2 points if you're canadian} and two, her blog is quite refreshing. I love, love, love her views on life in general and she has really interesting posts.

I recently found about Christy; Christy has a plan of accomplish a bunch of goals before she is twenty-five such as running a marathon and watching a top 100 list of movies. I love it! So ingenious!

Melissa is such an inspiration; whenever I am down I just visit her blog and I find myself smiling instantaneously. She is just plain amazing.

From her Six Senses Saturdays to the D.Y.I Fashion, I simply adore Julia's blog. It's fun, it's witty, it's lively and just how awesome is it that she is currently living in my dream city, Madrid? So jealous!


Well, that is done. It was really hard choosing just 5 blogs that I love because I am a blog fiend and I read so many of them. I've found so many inspiring people that just brighten my day just a little bit more so thanks to all of you, seriously.

Note: I just realized I posted 6 random facts because I rock! :)

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much for the award!

    p.s. i'm not a lost fan either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you habibi for this Award am so honoured to humble to recieve it from such an incredible blogger that you are. Love you

    With love Barryck

    #blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog; it is well appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails