Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Lies are forever.

" Gradually I came to realize that people will more readily swallow lies than truth, as if the taste of lies was homey, appetizing: a habit."- Martha Gellhorn

Do you remember our first-ever phone conversation? You asked me if I loved action movies and I replied " Yes"; you asked me if I was willing to sit through a football game with you, and I said " Sure; for you I'd love to."

Do you remember our back-and-forth emails? The smiley faces, the little love notes, the inside jokes?

Do you remember asking me that if you cheated on me with another girl, what would be my reaction and I shrugged "Well, everyone makes mistakes right? As long as you'd regret it"; do you remember when I told you " It's okay; it's not like I asked you to marry me"when you asked me if I was really okay with just being friends instead of lovers?

Do you remember the time we seldomly swore to each other that our love would never die and that we would fight for each other with every beat of our hearts.

I remember telling you that "No, I can't live without you; you're the light of my life"when you asked me if I would be fine if you went up and left one day.

A few months later, you asked me how was I holding up without you around and I replied"Although I'm really missing you, I'm doing great! " with that cheerful voice you used to love.

I remember reading your very last lines; in bold you wrote " I wish things were different; now I cannot do this anymore" and my last reply was "I'll never forget you".

Well, I lied; never thought I could but then again I did and I am good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog; it is well appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails